Donate your hair- A cause to vouch for
DONATE YOUR HAIR- A CAUSE TO VOUCH FOR
We women go through our regular dose of strife, yet current maladies that plague us have increased their magnitude to tenfold. Cancer is one of them- Mostly curable; yet it robs us of our pride procession, our hair. For us women, we cherish our hair and take pleasure in its length and luxurious cascades. Yet with cancer, which comes with its own set of losses, we find that we have to endure the loss of our most cherished beauty aid, in the lieu of chemotherapy. The pain of hair loss through chemotherapy is not just physical but also psychological and we, at TLS Lingerie, aim to alleviate that through our “Donate your hair campaign”, creating awareness and inspiring people to donate their healthy hair for a noble cause to a sister in need, so that she can feel a ray of hope from within. By giving her a part of our hair we are telling a Cancer warrior that she is not alone in her struggle but we are with her, no matter how far away we seem to be. This would be utilized to make wigs, by Cope with Cancer and donated for the better cause.
ABOUT THE PROCEDURE
Wig or hair prosthesis is a nonsurgical hair replacement solution specifically designed for those suffering from hair loss. Wigs made from natural hair are custom made to fit the client’s head and are sturdy and durable.
ANYONE CAN DONATE
Donating hair for cancer patients is both an easy and rewarding accomplishment that one should laud and anyone can do so. To donate it to someone who really needs it promotes a positive body image and provides people with the will to fight back the disease.
GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS
- You can get the haircut at any salon. Hair has to be washed, dried and tied into a plait with rubber bands at both the ends.
- Please make sure that the whole bunch of hair is minimum 12″ long and not just a few strands. The hair shorter than that is not usable for wigs as knotting the same in the wig scalp is difficult
- Do not let the hair to be donated fall on the ground as hair swept off the floor is unusable for making wigs.
- At least 6 -7 women’s hair is required to make one wig. The donated hair we receive is sorted according to their quality and then used to make a wig.
- Gray, Treated, Coloured and streaked hair is accepted.
- Place the cut plait in a plastic bag with your name.
- Please email us pre-post hair cut pictures to be put on our website along with a short note about your thoughts on hair donation.
- We shall courier you the Certificate of Appreciation from Cope with Cancer and a Gift voucher from TLS at the address provided, soon after we receive the hair parcel.
The fight against cancer is close to anyone’s heart as it has claimed the lives of our loved ones in innumerable instances. This is our way to commemorate the battle and spread the message of unity.